Disclaimer: The credit to this recipe goes to 7day vegan. I only wrote here because I had problems adding it to Spoonacular via 7day vegan.
Here's a delicious vegan chili recipe. No animals hurt.
- 300g meatless ground round
- 280g canned black beans
- 280g canned kidney beans
- 400g canned barbecue beans
- 400g canned tomatoes (finely cut - use food processor if you have to)
- 350g crushed tomatoes
- 200g canned corn
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 1 onion (red or yellow)
You will also need a lot of chili powder and a good amount of salt and pepper. Don't be afraid to throw a bunch of it in there. Adjust to taste. Cooking will happen with olive oil. Use as much as you need; basically don't burn anything.
- Finely chop the onion and throw into a big sauce pan. Saute with olive oil on medium to high heat.
- Dice the bell pepper and squash the garlic. Throw in pan.
- Throw in the meatless ground round (frozen is fine).
- Add plenty of chili powder and some pepper and salt. Let the mixture work for a on medium heat. Stir a bit now and then so it doesn't burn.
- Throw in the beans, one can at a time, stirring as you go along. You don't have to drain the beans completely, at least not the barbecue beans, as the canned sauce there can be quite tasty.
- Throw in the canned and crushed tomatoes. Stir well. Also throw in more chili. I prefer to add some chili flakes in addition to the powder.
- Throw in the canned corn. Stir well.
That's about all there is to it. Now you can let it simmer for at least 20 minutes (the longer the better, i like up to an hour to really have the flavors mix). Taste every now and then while adding more chili, salt and pepper as per your taste.
This recipe yields 5 servings, and will keep fine in the fridge for at least a few days.